Friday, January 27, 2012

Blog Assignment 1

About Me..
      My name is Michelle Nix and my major is elementary education. I am twenty-one years old and have lived in Mobile, Alabama my whole life. I have one older brother and two best friends that I consider my sisters. I am also lucky to have an awesome boyfriend of almost three years! I grew up going to Cottage Hill Christian Academy which not only gave me a good education, but a strong relationship with Christ. My first job while in high school was at a store for younger girls where they also had birthday parties. This was when I first realized I had the patience required to be a successful teacher. I have several teachers in my family including my mother, brother, and aunts. Their teaching has inspired me to educate and make a difference in children's lives.
      When I am not busy working and studying, I love to spend my free time at the beach and outdoors. I enjoy fishing, boating, jet skiing, and anything else pertaining to the water. I also love to shop. Probably a little too much!
Time Management according to Randy Pausch 
      I watched the time management video by Randy Pausch. I surprisingly found it to be very interesting! There is one line he said that I found most interesting: "Failing to plan is planning to fail." I am constantly using my planner and writing reminders. He also helped me to look at planning in a different way. Randy Pausch said that you should question each item on a to do list. Ask yourself: "Why is this on my list?" "What will happen if I don't?" Time is very valuable and should be used for success.

4 comments:

  1. Why were you surprised Randy Pausch's video was interesting? Later this semester you will watch his Last Lecture. It is truly moving! And interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Cedric Lett. I enjoyed reading your blog. You seem to have a lot of teachers in your family that you can use to help you with your teaching career. Just like you, I have been inspired to make a difference in children's lives, although my inspiration came from other sources besides family members. My main source of inspiration are teachers that I have come across in the past. Having a relationship with Christ is a great thing. I went to a public school so we had little to no events about Christ, but I went to church, so that helped me build a relationship with God. Friends that you can call sisters are just priceless. Good friends are hard to find and especially the ones that are just like family, so hold on to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Strange after watching the first few videos, I have no doubt that the rest will be interesting. I am already loving this class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cedric!
    That is awesome you were fortunate to have had inspiring teachers. I'm sure they would be proud to know they encouraged you to become a teacher. True friends are very hard to come by. I also feel very fortunate!

    ReplyDelete