Sunday, February 5, 2012

Blog Assignment 2

Did you know?
Did you know? By:John Strange
"Did you Know?" by John Strange is based off the video by Karl Fisch and Scott McLeod. Both videos give several random statistics and facts about technology and how fast it is growing.
One question in the original video caught my attention because I often think of this:"To whom were these questions addressed before google?". It is amazing how many times a minute the google search engine is used. Personally, I would be amazed if I knew how many times I have searched through google. I believe that is the answer to why technology is growing in such an accelerated way. The answers to questions are easily accessible. We no longer have to go to the library to learn something new.
Mr.Winkle Wakes
Mr.Winkle Wakes By:Mathew Needleman
Mr.Winkle Wakes is a very simple video. Yet, it gives teachers something important to think about. Are teachers making use of the technology avavailable to help students learn more effectively?
Just recently schools have been making an effort to include technology in the classrooms. This is something that should be encouraged by every school. Students should be very technologically literate to prepare them for the future.
A Vision for 21st Century Learning
A Vision for 21st Century Learning
I loved the statement at the end of this video:"If we get it right, kids won't even know they are learning something". This video is arguing that kids need to learn with technological now, to prepare them for their future careers. Their future careers are guaranteed to involve some type of technology. I agree with their comments that if most children are playing video games before they even begin school, than they can learn with technology in the classroom.
Vicki Davis: Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts
Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts
I was very impressed by what Vicki Davis is doing in her classroom. She is a successful teacher who is making a difference in students' lives. The technology her classroom was doing in highschool, I still could not do.
Vicki Davis caught my attention when she was discussing the fact that she encourages students to discover things on their own. The students would search on their own a topic she would mention and they would then teach it to her. I hope that as a future teahcer, I will be able to make learning exciting.

1 comment:

  1. Google is a proper name and should be capitalized.

    "The technology her classroom was doing in highschool, I still could not do." That is why you are taking EDM310! To catch up with the students you will be teaching.

    ReplyDelete