Thursday, March 29, 2012

Blog Assignment 8

This is How We Dream Part 1 and 2

Richard E. Miller discusses how we write and a new way of writing. I liked the way he says that our desktop is our new work space. He stresses this is "an incremental change, not a fundamental change." This upcoming way of writing involves much thought and creativity. Richard Miller said that the limits and restrictions are placed by ourselves. We must learn to push ourselves further! Honestly, I was a little confused by these two videos. I understood the main point. However, as I re-watched them it all became very clear.

Richard begins by explaining a project he created. He was able to incorporate video into his written project. This is a great way to make papers more interesting and give evidence to back up a statement. This is something that we most commonly see done on news sites. Personally, I am much more interested in watching a video, than reading. This helps give a project both sides.

I am very interested in using what I have learned from Richard Miller and incorporating it into my blog posts. I have already begun incorporating pictures to make each post noticeable. Videos not only are a great source, but they also add a bit of "entertainment" to something not always fun.
Carly Pugh's Blog Post #12

I was very impressed with Carly's Blog post. Her assignment was to come up with something that Dr. Strange should have assigned to the EDM 310 class. I hope I am able to be as creative with assignments as Carly's was. That is what a networking teacher is all about! Creativity is key to a successful blogging assignment. We must always be thinking with an open mind.

Carly's post is a great example of Richard Miller's view of writing. She was able to incorporate creative writing and videos into one piece. The videos were used to back up what she was writing about. Great example!
EDM 310 for Dummies

This is an inspiring video about the class. It encourages students to not get frustrated with the assignments. This class may seem scary at first, but it can actually be enjoyable. It is what you make it. I have learned beyond what I expected! The Chipper Series is a video created by Dr.Strange and students. The main point of the video is that as a college student, you should complete all classwork and on time. That is the simple key to being a successful teacher! It is often hard for students to remember this one rule.
Learn to Change, Change to Learn

This video says technology is not a choice. This new way of learning helps students come together for projects and social network learning. Students online become a community for learning. This is certainly a challenge and transition. However, once established this is going to be a great learning system.
Scavenger Hunt 2.0
gizmoz.com is a very fun site that I had never heard of! You are able to upload a picture of yourself and turn it into an animation. If you do not have a photo you can create your own avatar. The characters are very detailed. There are many choices available from hair color to clothes.
polleverywhere.com is a site available to create your own poll. I have created my own poll as seen below.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Michelle,

    I'm glad you enjoyed the videos in this post!

    Don't forget to put a picture for every post.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,

    I also enjoyed watching the videos. I found them to be very helpful with the class and they gave interesting facts. I will have to go check out gizmoz.com. It sounds like it would be neat. One think that I noticed is that you didn't have a picture for the post.

    Best wishes,
    Sara Cardwell

    ReplyDelete