Sunday, March 11, 2012

C4T #2


Comment #1

I was assigned to Jen Deyenberg. Her blog is Trails Optional. The first post I commented on was titled Geocaching with Dinosaurs. This is something I had never heard of before reading her post. She used this method in her classroom by setting upp eleven caches outside that contained wooden dinosaur bones. She bought eight different dinosaur models. The students had to find the pieces and then put the dinosaur models together. This project kept the students very interested!

I was very interested in this blog post. I had never heard of geocaching before and think it is an awesome way to incorporate something fun into the classroom.
Here is the comment I posted in response to her blog:"Hi! My Name is Michelle Nix and I am currently a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. You can view our class blog at http://edm310.blogspot.com/. You can also follow my blog at http://nixmichelleedm310.blogspot.com/. I will be summarizing my visits to your blog in a blog post on March 9, 2012. I am very intrigued to learn more about geocaching! This is something that i have never heard of. It seems like a fun thing to incorporate for the children. Are the students very familiar with geochacing? I have never thought about how interesting children would find dinosaurs. That is a great topic to discuss in the classroom!"
Comment #2

The second blog post I read was about writing. It was specifically writing on the computer and the tools available. One suggestion that stood out to me was the use of Wordle. I have used Wordle for a past assignment. However, I had never considered using it as a tool. It could be helpful to see what words are used too often. Wiki is another great source that peers can view and edit your work. I think this was an awesome post and here was my response:Using Wordle as a writing tool is an excellent idea. I have used it for projects in the past, but that is something I have never thought of! I will begin doing so now though! Wiki is a great source for students to view their peers work. Our class shares work through Google docs. That is another great way to share and edit documents! Do you have any other writing tools that are used often?

No comments:

Post a Comment