Sunday, March 4, 2012

C4K Summary for February

comments encourages

C4K#1

My first assignment was for Mariam Y's blog. In her post, she wrote about computer safety. She discussed how people should be careful about giving out personal information over the internet. She also put this in to use by warning her brother when he wanted to give out their email and zip code.

I did not receive a response back. However here was my response: "I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama. I will be commenting on a few of your blog posts in the near future. I think that is great that you are learning about internet safety. You must be very careful what information is given out on the internet. That is something I often have to remind myself. Have you become more cautious after watching the videos on internet safety?"
C4k#2

The second student I was assigned to was Alana. She is a student who lives in Australia. Her blog post was a slideshow of pictures from her trip to the Werribee Zoo. It was so fascinating to see the difference between a zoo in Australia and a zoo that we are used to in the U.S. The Werribee Zoo is an open range zoo. Most of the zoo is ride through on a bus safari. She saw ostrich, giraffe, zebra, camels, and many more animals!

Here is my comment:" Hello Alana,
I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama in the United States. I am studying to become a teacher. I really enjoyed your slideshow! Our zoos in Alabama are much different from your’s in Australia. There are much more interesting animals at the Werribee zoo! Our zoos are not open range. After watching your slideshow, I hope to one day visit the Werribee zoo myself. Do you visit the zoo often? Thanks for your time!"

Alana sent a very kind response back! " @ Michelle, Thanks for your great comment. Also thanks for saying you liked my slide show. No my family and I don’t go to the zoo often, but I would like too. Do you go to the zoo often? Would you like an open range zoo? I hope you can come to Australia one day, maybe you could teach here? I would love to go to America. Best Wishes, Alana"
C4K#3

For my third C4K, I was assigned to a seventh grade student named Gemma. Gemma was assigned a project to write a Valentine's Day love letter. She chose to be creative and wrote as if it was a shoe writing to shoe lace. It was quite entertaining and well thought of!
This was my response to Gemma's project: "Hi! My name is Michelle Nix and I am currently a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. Our whole class is about technology in the classroom. I think the website and what you all are doing is great! I was assigned to Gemma’s blog. I looked over her love letter and Valentine’s day projects. I loved the idea of writing a love letter from a shoe to lace. That could not have been more creative! It was also very fun to read! Great Job!"
C4K#4

The last student I was assigned has a blog titled "Ice Man". In his blog post, he wrote about him playing the game Mash on his sister's iPod. He discusses the careers and other things he was hoping for in his future. If you look over his blog, it is quite apparent that he is very interested in sports. At the end of his game, he ended up with a pet komodo dragon named Fall, a son, and a wife. This post was very interesting to me because when I was a child, my friends and I played this game often!

Here is my response:" Hi,
My name is Michelle Nix and I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama. I am studying to become an elementary teacher. When I was younger I used to always play Mash with my friends! However, that was before iPhones and iPods existed! We would play on a piece of paper. I have recently tried the iPhone version and it is still fun! Was this your first time playing? This is also a fun game to play at school! It helps you think about your future! Do you have goals set already?

1 comment:

  1. Michelle,
    Great job! I enjoyed reading your post but you did not include the links to the students blogs.
    Carly

    ReplyDelete