Sunday, April 1, 2012

Blog Assignment #9

I heart teaching


Joe McClung is a teacher of three years. At the end of each year, he has summarized his teachings of the year. Joe McClung's first year was a great post. I am very anxious to see how my first year as a teacher will go. There is a lot of pressure on first year teachers. Joe McClung seemed to enjoy his first year and gave some great advice. I loved his last point which was never stop learning. Teachers should always have an open mind and be prepared to learn new things. He mentioned that many teachers are scared of the developing technology. We should never be afraid of learning new things even if it includes technology. Technology is a useful tool for learning and teaching. We should be willing to embrace any tool that will help educate. Mr.McClung also mentions that teachers should not stress over a lesson plan turning out as it should. We should always expect bumps in the road and be prepared to work around them.

I thought it would be interesting to also include how his third year turned out. Joe McClung seems to be enjoying every second as a teacher. I love how he realizes that your student's are always the number one priority. Many teachers get so caught up in paper work and responsibilities that they forget the main purpose. I also loved the comment he mentioned about "never touch the keyboard." Through EDM 310 I have learned that this is very true! Although we have lab assistants, a great deal of the work is figured out on our own. Which is not a bad thing. Students need to try every option before having help. I have found that this gives me a much better understanding of the task at hand!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle!
    Like you I am very anxious to begin my teaching career. Hopefully we can take Mr. McClung's advice and be successful while we also learn during our first years. I also enjoyed how Mr. McClung did his best to keep his students as his priority. In my blog I even talked about how he had problems with other faculty members, but still kept his students in mind. I love your idea of students trying every option before they ask for help. Often we try to take the easy way out of things. Good post!

    Kellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post Michelle,

    Everything looks good, but your title tag on your pictures. "Google Images" isn't a source for your pictures. When using Google images, there is a specific web page that the image came from. Use that as your source.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete